Blogs are a great way to share things about who you are. It is awesome to find things that connect you with someone else. Here I’ll be sharing my top 10 of things you probably didn’t know about me. What is your top 10? Please share a link if you write your top 10 on your own blog, or add your top 10 in the comments. I would love to get to know you better!
1. I played the harp when I was young, but wanted to play Jazz. My teacher wanted me to play Classical, and eventually I gave up getting classes.
2. I was a synchronized swimmer, and won regional championships with duets and team performances. I loved it and wish I could still do it!
3. If my sister didn’t die, I would have lived in Romania with my family. Long story short, my husband had started a web development office in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, and after 1 year, we decided to move over there. My sister and I went to Romania for 2 weeks to find a house, and find a school for our kids. After 2 weeks we were ready for it, my sister had to go back to get her dog vaccinated, but unfortunately died the day after we came back in The Netherlands. Things changed, and we cancelled the plans, and eventually decided to stop our Romania operations.
4. We were in a home makeover TV program in The Netherlands “Eigen Huis & Tuin”, and got our kitchen & dining room transformed into a unique and space efficient place. It’s my favorite kitchen ever, and I wish I could just move that part of my house over to California. 🙂
5. I had a heart surgery in 2007. It was an ablation, where they burn on my heart so my nerves cannot mix up the heart rhythm. Very logically I had heart problems after going through my sisters loss. My surgery felt like a turnaround after a hard time, it was also in the hospital when I started using Twitter.
6. We had 3 foster girls for 6 months living with us this year. We thought they were going to stay with us forever through adoption. But after a few months, things changed and eventually they went back to their mom. They were super sweet and I still miss them.
7. I am a very good spacial thinker. Are you going on a trip and you want to pack as much as you can in your suitcase or in your car? I can get more in there than you thought you could. For me, it’s like a puzzle and I feel excited if I outdid myself and got more in my suitcase or trunk, then even I thought I could.
8. I am all about efficiency. If I can do more things in the same amount of time, I would do it. I love maximum performance and want to get the most out of everything I do. But I have slowed down since my sister passed away and learned to enjoy moments of doing nothing or sleeping in. And I am getting better at it. Ha!
9. One of those efficiency things was when my 10yo was my only child and he was 1-2 years old. I wanted to loose some weight, but didn’t have time to go to the gym. I figured, if I bike in a gym, I can just as well bike on a real bike and get some money for it – or at least go somewhere that would benefit more. And I started doing a sunday morning paper route. Every sunday morning I brought the Sunday paper on my bike with my son in the trailer behind the bike, and brought newspapers for about 1.5 hours. I still think it was pretty smart.
10. I moved an insane amount of time after I left my parents house. The funny thing is that my father had a moving company growing up, but we never moved ourselves. Outside of the move when I was 1 year old, and I don’t remember, ha! I have since made that up and have moved 19 times since I was 17 years old. I told ya, it was pretty insane! 🙂
So there you have it. 10 things, some are dramatic, others lighthearted and maybe you found some interesting or even shared a passion. Please share, I look forward to reading your Top 10!